Demo version

Re: Demo version

Postby Otto » Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:58 pm

Dear João,

I think AUTOCODE would be in good hands with you. Especially in a time when some of us no longer code with FIVEWIN on a daily basis, it's comfortable to be able to edit the source code visually.
You could expand it and add newly introduced functions and attributes.
It would be helpful with all the support work you provide and also beneficial if it is brought up to date again for the community.
And above all, for beginners, it's a great relief, especially since we don't necessarily document 100% with Fivewin. For beginners, it's not that easy to look into the classes to see what attributes and methods are available.

Let me know if you can't find the link.
Best regards,
Otto
mod harbour - Vamos a la conquista de la Web
modharbour.org
https://www.facebook.com/groups/modharbour.club
Otto

Postby karinha » Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:03 pm

Otto wrote:Dear João,

I think AUTOCODE would be in good hands with you. Especially in a time when some of us no longer code with FIVEWIN on a daily basis, it's comfortable to be able to edit the source code visually.
You could expand it and add newly introduced functions and attributes.
It would be helpful with all the support work you provide and also beneficial if it is brought up to date again for the community.
And above all, for beginners, it's a great relief, especially since we don't necessarily document 100% with Fivewin. For beginners, it's not that easy to look into the classes to see what attributes and methods are available.

Let me know if you can't find the link.
Best regards,
Otto

Master Otto, I prefer that you create a DEMO with the entire CODE and make the CODE available to all FIVEWIN users. Now that is DEMOCRACY. Naturally, I'm also going to download the DEMO and test it and if I don't like it, I'm honest and I'm going to CRITICIZE! hahahaha.

Maestro Otto, prefiero que cree una DEMO con el CÓDIGO completo y ponga el CÓDIGO a disposición de todos los usuarios de FIVEWIN. Eso sí que es DEMOCRACIA. Naturalmente, también voy a descargarme la DEMO y probarla y si no me gusta, soy sincero y voy a CRÍTICAR! jajajaja.

Gracias, tks.

Regards, saludos.
João Santos - São Paulo - Brasil - Phone: +55(11)95150-7341
karinha

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:09 pm

karinha wrote:Silvio,

mas quero te fazer uma pergunta, por que você o chama de "Mestre Otto" não me lembro ao longo do tempo de nenhuma classe de objeto criada por ele, procure nas notas de lançamento do pacote fwh, nunca há o nome dele para um objeto turma, o nome dele só surgiu com a insistência dele em usar o mod-harbour e pronto!!!
Se você me chamar de "Mestre", como me chamaria, já que fiz várias aulas e também publiquei no pacote fwh?

I call Otto a master, just because of the respect I have for him. I have the deepest respect for Master Otto. Just my personal opinion.

Llamo a Otto maestro, sólo por el respeto que le tengo. Tengo el más profundo respeto por el Maestro Otto. Sólo mi opinión personal.

No tengo opinión sobre ti, Silvio. No conozco ninguno de tus trabajos en fivewin, lo siento. ¿Quizás por falta de publicidad?

I have no opinion about you, Silvio. I don't know any of your work on fivewin, I'm sorry. Perhaps, due to lack of publicity?

Gracias, tks.

Regards, saludos.

>No tengo opinión sobre ti, Silvio. No conozco ninguno de tus trabajos en fivewin, lo siento. ¿Quizás por falta de publicidad?

are you kidding? I don't need advertising

some examples taken from fwh package notes

Tbtnclr
(SuperHeaders) MultiHeaders for XBrowse ( changed later from Nageswarao)
class TExplorerBar Method Update( nPos )
Class TTaskPanel Method ChangeHeight( nHeight )
Fixed RibbonBar bug
TProgressWheel class,
samples\ListVie.prg using a TListBox and drag & drop files
function FWLoadStrings( cFileName )
Tled
and more more

maybe you are using the classes created by me and you didn't know it, you are a great moderator, you know fwh perfectly, congratulations, keep it up!!!

I believe that Antonio Linares made you become a moderator only and exclusively for your population (Brazil) but you also flow into the English and Spanish area, in fact you are not part of the fwteam (Linares, Nageswarao, Cristobal)
Last edited by Silvio.Falconi on Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby TimStone » Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:15 pm

Otto,

I must have overlooked AutoCode ... so I followed the links back to download it, but they indicate the server can't be found. I see that was many years ago.

If you want to send me the file by email, or a good link, I would love to test it.

FOR THE NAYSAYERS:

These are tough times. Negativity in posts on this forum are certainly not helpful. Otto made an offer ... so maybe the social media advice of "If you don't like it, just scroll on by" would be appreciated by the rest of us if you would simply move along without making your negative personal comments about other contributors. Thank you.
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:21 pm

TimStone wrote:Otto,

I must have overlooked AutoCode ... so I followed the links back to download it, but they indicate the server can't be found. I see that was many years ago.

If you want to send me the file by email, or a good link, I would love to test it.

FOR THE NAYSAYERS:

These are tough times. Negativity in posts on this forum are certainly not helpful. Otto made an offer ... so maybe the social media advice of "If you don't like it, just scroll on by" would be appreciated by the rest of us if you would simply move along without making your negative personal comments about other contributors. Thank you.

I am not an NAYSAYER!!!
dear TimStone Mr. Sambom was asking for something else, he was asking for a version of fivewin but in demo mode, Mr. Otto instead responded, as usual, with other arguments that have nothing to do with the argument raised by Mr. SAmbom.

My answers to Mr. Brazilian moderator are specific to his offensive phrases towards me.

perhaps if you dear Mr. Timstone read carefully from the first message and not from the last ones you will realize that someone has deviated into other topics and has not answered correctly: I repeat Mr. Sambomb was asking another question!!!

you're always there with your finger pointing at me accusing me of things I didn't do, you're very good
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby TimStone » Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:30 pm

Some of us like those diversions. Often things we never thought about can be a very helpful addition to our projects. That is exactly how I saw the Autocode comment, and I also appreciated it being posted because, as I age, that could actually be a very useful tool for me to quickly remember how I did things in the past. It also would be quite useful for me to save examples that we see posted here in the forum.

I did not mention your name, nor do I believe there has ever been a place on this forum where I have been critical of you. I have no interest in accusing people, but you, yourself, identified as a negative person. That's on you, not me ....
Tim Stone
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby karinha » Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:31 pm

Silvio, you are absolutely right. I'm not part of the FiveTech Staff, nor do I want to be. I don't even speak Spanish... hahahaha. But Silvio, be SURE OF ONE THING: IT IS AN HONOR to belong to the BIGGEST FORUM IN THE WORLD OF FIVEWIN!

Silvio, tienes toda la razón. No soy parte del Staff de FiveTech, ni quiero serlo. Ni siquiera hablo español... jajajaja. Pero Silvio, ten SEGURO DE UNA COSA: ¡ES UN HONOR pertenecer al FORO MÁS GRANDE DEL MUNDO DE FIVEWIN!

Gracias, tks.

Regards, saludos.
karinha

Postby Otto » Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:38 pm

Dear João,
please search the forum for Autocode.
This is a very old tool.

Interestingly, no one was interested in it.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26006&p=142339&hilit=acd&sid=735279d266fb9192e2a56727c47e979e#p142339

TwoWay means that you can insert source code from the tool into your project, but you can also take source code from the project into the tool and continue editing it there.
But watch the video; it explains simply what it can do. The GIF shows how you can edit xBrowse, and the video contains more examples.

Best regards,
Otto

modharbour.org
Otto

Postby Otto » Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:45 pm

Dear Tim,

Could you please try the following link:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/fivew ... ads?page=3
I believe it should still work.

Best regards,
Otto
modharbour.org
Otto

Postby karinha » Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:47 pm

Master OTTO, ACD.ZIP, do you have complete examples? I don't want pieces of programs like the noble Silvio Falconi does, and then he gets nervous because I pick on him. hahahahaha.

Maestro OTTO, ACD.ZIP, ¿tienes ejemplos completos? No quiero programas como los que hace el noble Silvio Falconi, y luego se pone nervioso porque me meto con él. jajajajaja.

Gracias, tks.

Regards, saludos.
karinha

Postby TimStone » Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:59 pm

Otto,

The link works, the zip file is complete, and I appreciate that it even has the .prj file for UltraEdit Studio ...

I looked at it, and think it should be easy to update to today's versions of Harbour and FWH for building.

It appears to be quite useful for my needs. It also could be a good concept to add to a demo version where code samples would be very helpful. The lack of centralized documentation for FWH / Harbour would be helped by using the command and class syntax in the demo version / program instructions.

Tim
Tim Stone
TimStone

Postby Otto » Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:24 pm

Dear Tim,
thank you for downloading.

Dear João, In the release folder should be a working exe file.

Best regards,
Otto
modharbour.org
Otto

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:38 am

Otto wrote:Dear Tim,
thank you for downloading.

Dear João, In the release folder should be a working exe file.

Best regards,
Otto

Dear Mr. Otto, did you understand what Mr. Sambomb wanted?

You, dear Mr. Otto, did not understand, he did not ask for learning tools,

he asked for a version of fwh in demo mode, he is not happy with version 6.12 but he wants one of the latest versions in demo mode.

this is Mr. Sambomb's topic, you, Mr. Otto, always divert the answers with other topics as you always do
Silvio.Falconi

Postby Otto » Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:22 am

Silvio, I believe the time of teaching new programmers how to enter source code for Fivewin typing is over.

You need to provide young people with assistants and visual tools; that's the only way you will succeed.

The big advantage – but you probably haven't looked at the tool yet – is that the syntax is checked immediately.

That's why I suggested that Sambomb take a look at the tool, as starting with FIVEWIN is much easier that way.
It’s also one of the few TwoWay tools for programming that I’m aware of that works directly with the original code.

Best regards,
Otto
modharbour.org
Otto

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:17 am

Otto wrote:Silvio, I believe the time of teaching new programmers how to enter source code for Fivewin typing is over.

You need to provide young people with assistants and visual tools; that's the only way you will succeed.

The big advantage – but you probably haven't looked at the tool yet – is that the syntax is checked immediately.

That's why I suggested that Sambomb take a look at the tool, as starting with FIVEWIN is much easier that way.
It’s also one of the few TwoWay tools for programming that I’m aware of that works directly with the original code.

Best regards,
Otto

instead I know autocode well, it's an old program that you made a long time ago with the help of other people,

unlike you I look for useful things, that is, those that don't make you waste time, such as ER, but you already know what I'm talking about, I wasted so much time with ER that you don't even have an idea, you forced A.L. to buy ER which is leaking from all sides and you know this well, just thinking about all the printing documents that a company management in Italy must have, unlike Austria, I'm not talking about small and few printing documents, but you have never understood this or you don't want to understand it
Silvio.Falconi

Previous

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour