sockcli sockserv demos

sockcli sockserv demos

Postby Carlo Stonebanks » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:07 pm

Perhaps this is related to the issue of how to properly compile with xHarbour for Windows, but the sockserv demo compiles/links with the following mysterious error (see below):

How are these demos supposed to be compiled? I am using the Jan 2007 build.

Carlo

Type: C >>>xhb.exe -o"sockserv.c" -m -n -p -q -gc0 -I"C:\DEVELO~1\DevTools\xHB\include" -I"C:\DEVELO~1\DevTools\xHB\include\w32" "sockserv.prg"<<<

Type: C >>>Couldn't build: sockserv.obj<<<
Type: C >>>TMAKEOBJECT<<<
Type: C >>>TMAKEOBJECT:REFRESH<<<
Type: N >>> 1278<<<
Carlo Stonebanks

Postby Antonio Linares » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:22 pm

regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Carlo Stonebanks » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:30 am

This doesn't work for me. I now realise that I am trying to buold projects from a VIsta station, and perhaps xHarbour and Vista don't like each other. Sorry fo the wasted time.
Carlo Stonebanks

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:35 am

Carlo,

My screenshots are taken on Vista 32 Ultimate
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Carlo Stonebanks » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:37 am

That's what I am using too. I was using the latest July Beta, but it complained that PCode 7 was no longer supported. I assumed this had something to do with FWH compatability, so I rolled back to Jan 07. My understanding from reading the xharbour builder newsgroup is that the official releases aren't Vista compatible (but I could have misunderstood).

I tried again on my XP Pro machine, and everything worked as you explained. Thanks for your patience!

1) Is there a way for me to use the TSocket class and use console output instead of Windows? Although I eventually intend to get into Windows programming with FWH, I don't have the time (right now) to learn how to program an FWH Windows interface. I just need scrolling output to the console showing the events that the messages the server is acting on and the status of each action.

2) The client for the server will actually be a web service coded in VB.NET - the service will read and parse the SOAP message, format it and then pass it to my server through a socket write using System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient(). Do you have any experience with this particular .NET class? Do you think this will work?

Thanks again.
Carlo Stonebanks

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:11 am

Carlo,

>
1) Is there a way for me to use the TSocket class and use console output instead of Windows?
>

No, sorry, FWH Class TSocket requires to use a window

You may review xHarbour contrib\tip folder as it provides classes for sockets management with console support

>
2) The client for the server will actually be a web service coded in VB.NET - the service will read and parse the SOAP message, format it and then pass it to my server through a socket write using System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient(). Do you have any experience with this particular .NET class? Do you think this will work?
>

We don't have experience with that particular .NET class. Anyhow, yes, I think it will work. You may ask about it in usenet comp.lang.xharbour accessible from Google groups, as surely there are xharbour users with experience about it
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour