loosing indexes in 32 bits...same code in 16 bit no problem

loosing indexes in 32 bits...same code in 16 bit no problem

Postby hag » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:53 pm

loosing indexes in 32 bits...same code in 16 bit no problem. Any idea why this would be happening?
Thank you
Harvey
hag

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:44 am

Harvey,

Please provide a small and self contained example to reproduce it, thanks

Nobody else has complained about such behavior. So its really strange.

Are you simultaneously accesing your DBFs and indexes from 16 and 32 bits applications ?
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby hag » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:40 am

Antonio:

You wrote:
Are you simultaneously accesing your DBFs and indexes from 16 and 32 bits applications ?

Not sure what you mean. All prgs are compiled in 32 bits. Just deleted all c files and obj's. recompiled. Lets see what happens. I'll let you know.

I have another problem.

I use rc2dll32 wizard.rc

Wizard.rc has == #include "myRcfile.rc"
There are over 600 includes. When it is compiled using rc2dll32 I get an "access violation" usually at the bottom of the "include list". If I use another rc file with the include that cauesd the "access violation" (fewer includeds in the new file) it works fine. This is causing me to use 2 resource files which means I have to keep switching between the files. It is a misery. Any Idea why the access violation? Or what I should be checking? I checked the files and nothing seems to be wrong.

Help

BTW when do you sleep? :wink:
Thank you
Harvey
hag

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:46 am

Harvey,

>

Not sure what you mean. All prgs are compiled in 32 bits. Just deleted all c files and obj's. recompiled. Lets see what happens. I'll let you know.
>

I meant if you are still using Clipper 16 bits + FiveWin 16 bits apps to manage the DBFs and indexes, from some computers and the new 32 bits version app from other computers. All of them accessing the same DBFs and indexes.

>
I use rc2dll32 wizard.rc

Wizard.rc has == #include "myRcfile.rc"
There are over 600 includes.
>

Can't you reduce those 600 includes into less files ? I mean, group some of them into one.

> BTW when do you sleep?

When I am not awake ;-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby hag » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:49 pm

Antonio:
>
I meant if you are still using Clipper 16 bits + FiveWin 16 bits apps to manage the DBFs and indexes, from some computers and the new 32 bits version app from other computers. All of them accessing the same DBFs and indexes.
>

Do you mean if files had been accessed using 16 bits and our now being accessed by 32 bits this will cause my indexing problems?

If that is the case how do you have backwards compability for my users of 16 bits converting to our new 32 bits?
Thank you
Harvey
hag

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:02 pm

Harvey,

We had some reports of problems when the DBFs and indexes are managed _simultaneously_ from 16 and 32 bits _different_ apps.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour