OT Will you update your PC to Windows 11

Re: OT Will you update your PC to Windows 11

Postby Rick Lipkin » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:45 pm

Antonio

Windows 365 is totally Cloud Based ( saas software as a service ) and I fear that our Data Centers are such high profile targets of foreign country Hackers that wish to disrupt the Free world's way of life ..

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/m ... ce-outage/
https://www.zdnet.com/article/updated-k ... -know-now/

I would certainly re-think any kind of Off-site SAAS Data Center ..

It is interesting .. I often ask just normal everyday people who come into the Computer store :

What is your simple definition of the Cloud ? .. most people do not have a clue ...

My ( simple ) definition: .. The Cloud is BASICALLY SOMEONE ELSES COMPUTER ... now let me ask you .. would you put your Userid and Password to your bank account ( stored as a document ) on on some one else's Computer ?? .. and the over-whelming answer is "HELL NO"

Rick Lipkin
Rick Lipkin

Re: OT Will you update your PC to Windows 11

Postby Antonio Linares » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:47 am

Dear Rick,

We already use ProxMox running on a remote server to have Windows 10 and Windows server 2020, Apple OSX, all flavors of Linux, etc all running on the cloud. This is great for development and much more if you work in a team.

ProxMox use QEmu to run Windows and QEmu is very slow compared with a native Windows. This is why I am interested in Windows 365, as we could drop ProxMox and use Windows 365. Azure virtual machines are way too complex to build for a quick use. Hopefully Microsoft has improved the experience with Windows 365.

If the speed is good enough and we have the ability to use WSL (Windows subsystem for Linux) then I see it as the way to go for our specific cloud needs.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Previous

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour