Off topic question

Postby Vladimir Grigoriev » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:44 am

Thanks, but I stopped at Used.
If a object is declared but not used yet (i.e. seek() method was not executed) oFileSeek:used == .F.
If at least one seek() was executed (not important if it found a file or did not) oFileSeek:used == .T.
Vladimir Grigoriev
Vladimir Grigoriev

Postby modicr » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:45 pm

Hello!

Just noticed this thread ...
I would use: :lol:
Code: Select all  Expand view
oFileSeek:lTouched
or
Code: Select all  Expand view
oFileSeek:lVirgin

Cheers, Roman
© I'm not patented!
modicr

Postby Vladimir Grigoriev » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:38 am

oFileSeek:lTouched is very interesting! The only reason I prefer oFileSeek:used as word *used* is usual xBase word while touched is a rear word in xBase. I am a traditionalist. :)
Vladimir Grigoriev

Postby Vladimir Grigoriev » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:55 am

Hi.
At last I have prepared a more interesting demo of my FILESEEK class. In whole I wrote two FILESEEK classes. The first does not provide Long File Names support in case if you need not LFN. The second class is almost the same as the first but with supporting Long File Names. With the second class you can create objects which either support LFN or don't support LFN. If an object of the second class does not support LFN it is in essence the same as an object of the first class. The only valuable difference that for the second class object LFN instant variable exists with value of .F..
Though the class with LFN is fully ready my demo deals with only standard 8.3 file names. To write a demo for LFN FILESEEK class I need information about how on XP to get in DOS short date format. I'd like to emulate XP DIR command but without correct date presentation it would not be very nice. Maybe somebody knows how to get in DOS short date format used in Windows XP?

Features of the class
1. It is pure Clipper class. I think it is the first FILESEEK class in Clipper. At least I did not meet similar FILESEEK classes in Clipper.
2. You can set searching file specification up to 80 characters (max DOS file specification) instead of 64 characters as you can do in Clipper.
3. You can display Long File Names in DOS (and consequently in FiveWin withot loading any DLL).
4. The class provides all information to control file searching.
5. You don't need to bother about saving and restoring object internal state if you use several FILESEEK objects simultaneously. The only exception if you using both DIRECTORY() and a FILESSEK object. In this case after executing DIRECTORY() to continue searching with the FILESEEK object you only specify the first seek method with a parameter
oFileSeek:seek( lRefresh := .T. ). All subsequent seek methods need not to have lRefresh parameter.
The demo you can see here http://hyperupload.com/download/01b0e62972/FS_DEMO1.EXE.html
The corresponding source code of the demo is here
http://hyperupload.com/download/0283d25183/FS_DEMO1.PRG.html
:D [/url]
Vladimir Grigoriev

Previous

Return to FiveWin for CA-Clipper