Character display problem

Character display problem

Postby acopapic » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:19 am

Hi,

My application reads dialog controls from resource file (dll) and cannot display characters from Latin Extended A Block (c acute, c caron and z caron) under Windows 98. Only s caron is displayed fine. Application is built under Windows XP. Under Windows XP works fine with all characters. When I make application under Windows 98, all characters are fine except z caron (substituted with _ ). But, that application doesn't work fine under Windows XP - characters c caron and c acute are substituted with | (because in resource file in this case c acute is represented with only one byte, not two, and XP cannot read it).
I can use two dll's, one for Windows 98 and the other for XP, but still I have a problem with z caron under Windows 98. And, this is a problem ONLY when application reads text from dialog resources. When application sets text to dialog controls ( SetText() --> SetWindowText() ), or to any dc, it works fine!
Is there any solution to this?!
I tried with Regional settings etc., but it didn't help.

Regards
Aleksandar
acopapic

Postby Antonio Linares » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:21 am

Aleksandar,

On those labels where the text is not properly shown, you may define them as "aaaa", "bbbb", etc. in the resource and then REDEFINE SAY ... PROMPT ... ID ... them to the right text.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour