Postby PeterHarmes » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:15 pm

Hi,

To open/view help files within my app i open the help file at the start

SetHelpFile( filename )

I then add the help i.d. to my dialog boxes

DEFINE DIALOG oDlg RESOURCE "CUSTOMER" TITLE "Customer Entry" HELPID 200

I also have a help button that calls the following:

winhelp(filename, 1, 200)

This works OK on most pcs but on a few, a blank white help screen flashes up and then instantly disapears. I've noticed this mainly on Windows 2003 machines, but have found it on windows 2000.

I've only notcied this since my app was complied under 32bit - 16bit was fine. My help files are created using hel & manual

Do i have to do anything to the help files to work under 32bit?

Thanks In Advance

Pete
PeterHarmes

Postby dpaterso » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:31 pm

Hi Peter,

Did you ever resolve this issue?

I have also just started writing .hlp files for an application and seem to be having some weird and wonderful things happen - see my message thread 'Help on Help'.

I have tried using DotHLP (supposedly 32-bits) as well as Fast-Help (Demo) (also 32-bits) but no luck.

I also seem to remember that when using DotHLP and 16-bit FW things worked but that was a long time ago and have never tried to document a FWH (32-bits) system until now.

Regards,

Dale.
dpaterso

Postby PeterHarmes » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:36 pm

No - this isnt resolved yet - it's weird as it looks as if it's an O.S. compatibility issue as i can't recreate on my p.c.s but can create it at my customers.

Pete
PeterHarmes

Postby dpaterso » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:49 am

Hi Peter,

Are you monitoring my 'Help on Help' thread?

I cannot get my context specific help to display correctly ON ANY PC and I have a sneaky suspicion that your problem is somehow related to my problem.

When you define your help file are you creating HELP TOPICS or HELP POPUPS? Are you trying to provide 'Context Specific Help' or just 'General Help' with your app?

Regards,

Dale.
dpaterso

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour