Fivedroid on Qt

Re: Fivedroid on Qt

Postby norberto » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Antonio, of course it is good, I for example, I am dedicating my time to learn Azure, TFS, ALM, virtualization, among other things used by large companies, preferably from the list of fortune 500 or 100.

showme the Money in Android and I go to it.

Regards
norberto

Postby Otto » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:57 pm

Norberto,
>Visual Studio 2013 with TFS, will dramatically reduce development time
I don't belief this. This is only marketing.

In 2007 - when I got no support for Ribbonbar - I left Fivewin and converted my programs to VB6. What a waste of time. Some years later support for VB6 was stopped. Then I converted to VB.NET. At the end I had minimum 40 third party tools which provided every half a year 80 or more new functions. No one can handle so much new stuff.
Productivity was not really good. Therefore I came back and I am happy to be here again.
And with all those tools you didn’t had better results as you have with xBrowse and the other fine things Fivewin offers.
For a single developer VS this is not the right tool maybe for a team it is fine: one team is responsible for the installation of the software, etc.
As you perhaps noticed there are programmers who start now with ribbonbar – 6 years later – and are still in business.
Sure I would wish myself more help for the METRO style controls but you need much time only to find out and find a personal METRO style for yourself. In this stage it is not so important if the controls work really error free. It is more designing than programming.

As I am 100% sure that WINDOWS 8 – METRO style is the future of Software design and the state of the art in the next years I know that these are necessary sidesteps but at the end also FIVEWIN will focus on WINDOWS 8 – metro style again.

You see WINDOWS 8 publicity everywhere – in every newspaper, on TV. Every new device is shown with the WINDOWS 8 start screen.
As Office – we once switched to open office but our customers didn’t like it – is the standard in every office you must have a windows device. Here the employees are afraid that if you don’t give them Office that in case they have to search a new workplace and they are not experienced with Office don’t find a new work.
As Office 386 is such a fine tool and makes a WINDOWS phone so helpful also PHONE 8 will lead the business phones soon.
Office and therefore WINDOWS is a must have for every business.
Best regards,
Otto
PS: today is full moon. So don’t take every comment as serious as on other days. :)
mod harbour - Vamos a la conquista de la Web
modharbour.org
https://www.facebook.com/groups/modharbour.club
Otto

Postby Antonio Linares » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Otto,

More and more US states are migrating to google docs mainly because it is much cheaper than Office and automatically solves work in team, cloud support, etc

http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com.es/2010/10/going-google-across-50-states-north.html
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby norberto » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:27 pm

Otto wrote:Norberto,
>Visual Studio 2013 with TFS, will dramatically reduce development time
I don't belief this. This is only marketing.

Otto, i see with my eyes, do you have facebook? if yes look me in visual studio summit 2013, not marketing , reality.
We are here trying to mimic the visual metro style, has 15 old years students making real-world Metro applications.
we need Wake up to reality.

in the lecture that I was, at first, the speaker has already entered and said: are you worried about where to put the combobox, with the screen resolution, it is over! We will have various screen resolutions, and we go to the initial idea for the project in 30 days using Visual studio and TFS. and I saw several live demonstrations, not marketing. If you don't adapt to this, this was already out of the market.

in 3 days, you can follow the build 2013 and download Windows 8.1 preview and visual studio 2013, and see what I'm talking about.

regards
Last edited by norberto on Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
norberto

Postby norberto » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:32 pm

Antonio Linares wrote:Otto,

More and more US states are migrating to google docs mainly because it is much cheaper than Office and automatically solves work in team, cloud support, etc

http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com.es/2010/10/going-google-across-50-states-north.html

more and more enterprises are using office 365, this is a fact. office 365 home premium reach 1 milion subscribe in 100 days.

cheaper, cheaper, i just hear this... but Works? like office 365? NO!

Governments, for various reasons, want to save, big companies want to productivity, regardless of the cost, what matters is the return, security, compatibility.
norberto

Postby guapilescity » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:12 am

Estimados Amigos.
La aplicacion corre perfectamente Samsum S3
The application runs perfectly Samsun S3
guapilescity

Postby Otto » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:51 am

Norberto,

WHY METRO STYLE ON DESKTOP:
I don’t know what kind of costumer you have.
But as you see with RIBBONBAR there are still applications which do not have RIBBONBAR after all these years. This was the revolution WINDOWS 7 (2006) started like now METRO style.
There are still many companies who work with XP and WINDOWS 7 or SERVER 2003 and 2008.

With real WINDOWS 8 RT programs it is more complicate because you need WINDOWS 8 and it is very difficult to change all workstations to that standard.
I mean every single PC even the ECRs in a company. This will last. But sure it will happen as all new PCs are sold with WINDOWS 8 installed.

Also if you work like we do on a terminal servers it is difficult to force costumers who bought in autumn 2012 a new windows 2008 server to buy a new one. There are still printer drivers, etc. missing for 2012 Server. So it is a matter of fact that 2008 server will be reality for several more years.
That is why we need desktop METRO style support.
Keep in mind that METRO style is a design concept a different, better way to operate computers.

>No marketing

TRY TO MAKE A LITTLE PROGRAM ADD/EDIT/BROWSE/PRINT – THEN COPY THE PROGRAM TO DIFFERENT PCs
I explained myself bad. I mean it is marketing that you could develop and release applications as a single developer immediately.
What database, which browser, which installer tool, which controls. When you start you will see that the build in browser (grid) is very limited and that 3rd parties (componentone, synchfusion, etc.) offer better solutions. You start downloading the demos, then learning how to use them, evaluating.
In the same time your FIVEWIN program is already finished.

OFFICE 365
You are totally right.
Best regards,
Otto
modharbour.org
Otto

Postby Otto » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:03 am

Hello Antonio,

Otto,

http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com.es ... north.html
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
http://www.fivetechsoft.com

Here employees and companies belief that Office is industry standard. They do not even know that OFFICE is a separate program you have to install on PCs.
A real computer must be able to operate OFFICE. That’s it.

How can you take the anxiety that if you don’t know Office that in case you have to search a new workplace you will not find a new work. And why not support Office.
Best regards,
Otto
Last edited by Otto on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
modharbour.org
Otto

Postby Otto » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:21 am

Norberto,

I checked my email. And I will post here a screenshot.

Look the newsletter I got one minute ago: a 3rd party for RIBBONBAR – a must have if you use VS.
But you need many more 3rd party components!

There are 50 new features and fixes in this release. Here are detailed Release Notes

Do you really think that you as a single developer can handle this.

Best regards,
Otto

modharbour.org
Otto

Postby fgondi » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:53 am

Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Android 4.1.1. Runs perfectly
Un saludo
Fernando González Diez
ALSIS Sistemas Informáticos
fgondi

Postby anserkk » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:57 am

Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Android 4.1.2.

Runs perfectly :)

Regards
Anser
anserkk

Postby cnavarro » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:50 am

Samsung Galaxy S II, Android 4.0.4.

Runs perfectly

Regards
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby TimStone » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Otto,

I understand your feelings about Visual Studio. However, that was six years ago and nothing stays the same. It is a significantly improved product now, and generally far easier to use.

I'd like you to take a look at a product called Lightswitch in Visual Studio 2012. It builds applications for Windows Desktop ! It is very easy to use, is VERY powerful, and it does not use the ribbon bar. I have attended many training session with Microsoft in the past 18 months, and I never see anything about the Ribbon Bar. It is just not an issue at Microsoft.

Also, the "Metro" style is for specific types of applications. These are generally utility apps like readers, and information viewers ( weather, stocks, read books, etc. ) There is absolutely no push from Microsoft to eliminate Desktop apps. If you look at all of the new Desktops, Notebooks, Tablets coming from various vendors, they use the FULL version of Windows 8 which provides the Desktop. In the Microsoft Store, the ONLY tablet running only RT is the Surface RT. There are many for sale, and they all use Windows 8 ( that's a full version, not just an RT version ).

I do know that many of the articles written about "trends" in the U.S. are not properly researched. A lot is posted that is opinion, being offered as fact. I see reviews about Windows 8 written by people who have never used it. They just write about the opinions they heard from others as if they are fact. They are far from the truth.

Has no one read about the EU going after Google for its privacy policies ? In the U.S., consumers like free things. They don't understand there is a cost to everything. They use Google Docs because it is free, then they get very upset when they find out everything they put up there is now in the public domain and not private ! EVERYTHING ... and the same goes for Gmail. Google makes their money selling your information, and they make that very clear in their privacy policy. Not only is it your information you put out for everyone to see, but that of everyone you communicate with through these media. Most businesses that intend to be around in 10 years stick with Office because of all it can do. They have no intention of switching.

Antonio posted about using FWH inside Visual Studio. I have not done that yet but I will. I think it is a good idea.

Personally, I do not have anyone on Terminal Services. The trend today is toward Cloud services. Office 365 is a cloud based system now but it also retains a local copy of all data and the client software. The local copies allow you to work even if you don't have a net connection. This would be great for our software. I'd love to see development in that arena. I'm still asking how you will get the data to our different devices if you build apps in Android. I have not received an answer yet. Isn't that the first question? Saying Hello World means nothing. The key is working with data, and where is that coming from ?

Antonio,

I have been using the older xHarbour (.com) because they essentially were not doing any work on that product since my Aug 2010 Release Build. All of their work was being done on Visual xHarbour. That version has been stable, and has worked until 13.05. Then you added changes which broke it ! Newer libs are not available through the Free xHarbour that you are using. Those are only for Borland which is not part of the .com release. The 13.05 build you posted for Harbour and MSVC, and which I downloaded, still required several modifications to source files which I now link in. However, I am still testing. I can't switch over to use it for production and release to my clients because I can't risk having significant problems.

For example, I have clients on ADS 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11. My xHarbour build has drivers that work fine with all of those versions. However, my Harbour version only works with ADS 9, 10, or 11. It errors out with 7 & 8, but many of my clients have those and don't want to pay to upgrade ( its full price now ).

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby Antonio Linares » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:52 pm

Tim,

Our changes didn't break it. We use the most recent free xharbour code and changes and your xhb.com was not updated with the free xHarbour version.

Its not your fault, but neither ours. We can't support older versions of Harbour and xHarbour, that would be a total mess :-)

Anyhow I have provided you workarounds (one of this workarounds hb_parns() was wrong and made your app unestable) and solutions to keep using your older xhb.com as much as possible :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby TimStone » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Antonio,

Free xHarbour is ONLY for the two versions that are not included in the .com package. They do not release the libraries for the Pelles C compiler. In the past you have always remained compatible with the .com version. If you look at the FREE xharbour site, you will see that the version I have is their latest for the Pelles C compiler.

In the past, when you have gone beyond that version with new features, you have provided some functions that fix the problem. There is no guarantee that if I upgraded to the latest xHarbour.com version your current release would work.

At this point it would appear I am stuck at 13.04 for xHarbour development, and will not be able to take advantage of any of the new features you add this year until I can resolve the Harbour/ADS problem and be sure all other capabilities are fully functional in the MSVC builds.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

PreviousNext

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour