The Harbour language extension project for VS2013 started!!!

The Harbour language extension project for VS2013 started!!!

Postby Antonio Linares » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Dear friends,

Today we have started it! :-)

After many chats with different developers trying to choose the right one, (my intention was to hire the most expensive one, as he has a 100% completion rate) today something quite magical happened. A developer who hasn't done any project at all at freelancer appeared: sarabjeetsingh20. He asked so little money that I thought it was just going to be a waste of time, but I decided to ask him to perform a test in order to be considered: to adapt http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/33250/Writing-Your-First-Visual-Studio-Language-Service in order to work with VS2013. if you try to open it with VS2013 it fails.

My idea was to use a bitbucket.org GIT repository, and considered to get him as an extra help for the project development as his offer was so cheap. In a little while he came back to me and sent me the MyCLanguageService.zip fixed to work on VS2013!!! :-)

We have been working together two hours or so, and the first results are outstanding! I have created a bitbucket.org repository with all the work done today:
https://bitbucket.org/fivetech/myclanguageservice

Please go to its wiki at https://bitbucket.org/fivetech/myclanguageservice/wiki/Home, follow the steps and you will be able to use the Irony wizard and also to test the MyC example. And this just happened in two hours aprox. Quite amazing! :-)

He is so happy as this is his first project on freelancer.com so he is doing his best and his tech skills and his attitude are both outstanding! I already paid him a milestone for 50 USD, and tomorrow we will continue with its development. I am closely following what he is doing so we all will be able to reproduce it and test it.

So if you want to join this project from its early beginning, please go to the above bitbucket.org project and follow the wiki steps :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Re: The Harbour language extension project for VS2013 started!!!

Postby Antonio Linares » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:57 am

Today we start using the issues section that bitbucket offers, so we all know what exact tasks and bugs are pending, so you can see how they get completed and how they get solved:

https://bitbucket.org/fivetech/myclanguageservice/issues?status=new&status=open

This way it will be easier for us to quantify the pending work and to know on what tasks help is needed.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Antonio Linares » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:26 am

I have created another project on freelancer.com as yesterday as a result to pay to sarabjeetsingh20 his milestone (as it was over his bid) freelancer.com marked our project as completed, but of course it is not, so I contacted freelancer.com tech support and they explained me to create a new one, so this new one is just the continuity of our previous one:

The name of the new project is: "New language extension for Visual Studio 2013 (second part)"

I have offered it to freelancer fattahaabdul as I think that his help will be very much valuable. I am waiting for his answer. The idea is to get some freelancers that will focus on different sections of the project.

I wanted to clearify this so you know exactly what is being doing with your donations :-) Thanks again for them.

I also want to comment you that I wanted to create a milestone for 1.000 USD in order to get fattahaabdul, freelancer.com took 1.000 USD from PayPal (of course we have not paid it to anybody) and now it is shown as our balance on freelancer.com (deducting what we have paid to sarabjeetsingh20). I don't know if you can review from freelancer.com the balance that we have. In my case, as I am the account manager, it shows as a balance that we have in order to pay freelancers:

Last edited by Antonio Linares on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby HunterEC » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:35 am

Antonio:

Great job !
HunterEC

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:43 am

I have created a new project (in fact it is the same one) but as freelancer.com closed the previous one due to our payment to sarabjeetsingh20, we were forced to create a new one again. sarabjeetsingh20 is moving ahead and with an excellent attitude and besides him, 10 new freelancers have offered their services. The new project is here: https://www.freelancer.com/projects/C-Sharp-Programming-NET/New-language-extension-for-Visual.6164860.html

I have commented this to all of them:

the project source is actually kept at https://bitbucket.org/fivetech/myclanguageservice You can review the wiki and the issues section to know what is actually pending, so if you think that you can help, then we may consider you, thanks

My idea is to count with other freelancers to help on different tasks or by hours (we will see) so the project gets completed as soon as possible.

To all who are answering I have replied them this:

anyhow, that bitbucket project is just a part of the proyect. Once we solve those issues we will create another bitbucket project with the real target of the development. but if you feel fine with what we are doing, then we will consider you. Usually we ask for a task on the issues list to be done to prove your tech skills, thanks
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour