Click and run a UNC from an e-mail

Click and run a UNC from an e-mail

Postby Rick Lipkin » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:00 pm

To All

I am building a workflow application where you have to fill out a task, generated by an ( application driven ) ( lets say a ) travel request that then needs to go through the approver chain which is kicked off by sending each approver an e-mail with a direct link ( unc ) to the application .. something like this :

\\server\volume\Request.exe

I do not know of any way you can double click the above unc in an e-mail to execute the line command .. other than copy and pasting the unc and plugging the unc into the windows RUN window .. or attaching a batch file to click on ( which no one should ever do ) ...

I would entertain any suggestions .. I want to make this application seamless to use ..

1 - Fill out the application request .. that request automatically silently sends an e-mailed to the approver
2- The approver clicks on the e-mail embeded link ( unc ) which starts the shared network application
3- the supervisor navigates to the request and approves the Travel and then the requester gets his approval via another generated silent e-mail driven from the application

I have the Outlook silent e-mail code already perfected .. I would like a way to be able to e-mail an embed link via e-mail to the Supervisor to start up and run the \\unc to seamlessly open the Requester program .. so the supervisor can direct themselves to the correct request which can then be approved by the supervisor and automatically sent back to the requester via a silent e-mail with the approval.

Appreciate the help .. again .. I just need a way to run a unc\\ from an e-mail that fires off the Requester application.

Thanks
Rick Lipkin
Rick Lipkin

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour