FiveWeb - CGI comments

FiveWeb - CGI comments

Postby Rick Lipkin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Antonio

I wanted to start this thread based on your wish to make comments on further development of the CGI version of FiveWeb.

I think you have done a wonderful job with your Code .. I know that many Web Development IDE's are focusing on Html5 ( like sencha ).

http://www.sencha.com/

If we are truly going to break into the Touch pads, smart phones and web database development ( in my humble opinion ) Html5, xml, ajax, java is the direction I would like to see you focus your magic and expertise.

I know there is no clear ( upgrade ) path from FW to HTML5 but I think an fresh 'fork' in the road would be to design and market a Database web development IDE specifically targeted at this emerging technology.

Html5 will be the common thread to allow all developers to run their Web Apps in any browser making the deployment transparent to any device, tablet, pc or laptop.

Thank you for the opportunity to voice my opinion.

Rick Lipkin
Rick Lipkin

Re: FiveWeb - CGI comments

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Rick,

FiveWeb uses HTML5 and JQuery which are tools widely used. We could easily enhance it to use Sencha too, no problem about this :-)

SInce we started FiveWeb development, and even being a free tool for now, we have not seen a single FiveWeb user yet. Why ? :-(

Many users were very happy about this tool, many tested it. But we have not seen FiveWeb apps from users. Not even very single ones.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Rick Lipkin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Antonio

I tried CGI some years ago and found it problematic meaning that it would ( perhaps ) run on IIS and not Apache .. and depending on your server Microsoft or Linux and again if you are creating php :cry: .. I just gave up.

YES, you are on-target with creating your output code with javascript and json data retrieval, my comment was directed more at CGI ( the delivery system ) vs just creating your static HTML code.

Forgive my ignorance .. you are the 'Master' .. Sensha is a web development IDE that incorporates creating forms and data modeling .. two very difficult things for any Web novice to over-come .. How to create the code, then how to add, edit and retrieve the data ( json ).

Rick Lipkin
Rick Lipkin

Postby devtuxtla » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Hello antonio

In our case, we are waiting for a stable version fiveweb that allows us to create an application for production.

But if you support us with the problems that arise, we will gladly, only bad thing is that we can not back us away.

regards
Visite Chiapas, el paraiso de México.
devtuxtla

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Rick,

You pointed to one of the key problems, the way I see it: the web apps development is a very fragmented market. There are so many choices, so many different development tools, different languages, that makes very difficult to have main streams.

In example, FaceBook uses php, meanwhile Google uses Python. Both tools are fine, but there are much more...
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Rick Lipkin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Antonio

I know creating IDE's is not an enjoyable task .. but if you decide to branch off and develop a Web authoring Database tool ( html5, ajax, xml, javascript, json ) .. I would pay handsomely for it !

Forgive my ignorance .. you are the 'Master' .. Sensha is a web development IDE that incorporates creating forms and data modeling .. two very difficult things for any Web novice to over-come .. How to create the code, then how to add, edit and retrieve the data ( json ).

Rick Lipkin
Rick Lipkin

Postby cdmmaui » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:48 am

Antonio,

I agree with Rick! I am willing to pay for FiveWeb that can be used in a production environment and well supported. Would you consider creating a separate forum directed only to FiveWeb?

Thanks again for your hard work!

SIncerely,
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Darrell Ortiz
CDM Software Solutions, Inc.
https://www.cdmsoft.com
cdmmaui

Location: Houston ∙ Chicago ∙ Los Angeles ∙ Miami ∙ London ∙ Hong Kong

Postby Massimo Linossi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:54 am

cdmmaui wrote:Antonio,
I agree with Rick! I am willing to pay for FiveWeb that can be used in a production environment and well supported. Would you consider creating a separate forum directed only to FiveWeb?
Thanks again for your hard work!

Me too.
Massimo Linossi

Postby Bayron » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi Antonio,
I made this app when you started creating FiveWeb

http://www.MayaPOS.com/FiveWeb/redirect.php

it was on December 2011

I did not continued developing this app, because FiveWeb became to a stop due to the problems with sockets at that time...

I imagine that the solution that you opted was to handle the databases directly from Harbour and that way you could avoid the use of sockets from the web browsers, and that was the born of FiveWeb as CGI.

From that point I lost interest in FiveWeb, because I founded it of no use to me. And instead of just criticizing the change of direction, just became an observer...

Now that you found a Hosting supplier that can handle CGI without much hassle, I can be a closer observer, and if my economic situation allowed, even a donator, but I got bankrupt a couple of years ago in the US, and had to move back to Guatemala, where I am barely making it...

I hope that my economic situation gets better (doesn't look too good), and if it does, I would buy FiveWeb if available, even if it is just to try it.

I think we all are hit by the economy, in the US, in Latin America and even in Europe...
=====>

Bayron Landaverry
(215)2226600 Philadelphia,PA, USA
+(502)46727275 Guatemala
MayaBuilders@gMail.com

FWH12.04||Harbour 3.2.0 (18754)||BCC6.5||UEstudio 10.10||
Windows 7 Ultimate

FiveWin, One line of code and it's done...
Bayron

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour