Alt key alone

Alt key alone

Postby ryugarai27 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:23 am

Hi Fivewin Experts,

I noticed something unfamiliar with the behavior of my program when pressing the alt key alone after successful log-in. The program was designed to have a log-in prompt at the start, after a successful log-in, the program will transfer focus to the main dialog of the program where it contains, buttons, xbrowses, says ang gets; and xbrowse will gain the focus. I noticed that the says and gets disappear leaving only dark gray boxes ( placements ), and also the scrollbars of the xbrowse, when i immediately press the alt key alone after successful log-in. But when i leave the program for a few seconds (5 secs.) after a successful log-in, hitting the alt key doesn't give me such behavior. Nothing of the controls are within groups.

Does this mean that the program is not yet stabilized and I have to wait a few seconds before i hit the alt key?

Is there such a command to wait for the dialog and all of its controls to get stabilized before it can be displayed on the screen?

Iam using FWH901 and xHB 1.1

Thanks,
ryugarai27
ryugarai27

Re: Alt key alone

Postby James Bott » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:35 am

The Alt key is a standard Windows key to change focus to the menu. I have never heard of such behavior as you describe but I suspect it has something to do with this.

You might try issuing a sysrefresh() right after the login.

James
James Bott

Postby ryugarai27 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:13 am

Hi James,

Thanks for prompt response.

It is, that the Alt key transfer focus to menu if an application contains one, I also observed that when an application has no menu, the alt key tries to refresh the dialog and that's where the problem occurs. My application does not contain any menu.

You main find the screenshots here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c6f19114efe672ab0dec85adfe0a530a2f09baca898490105621d66e282a0ee8

Thanks,
ryugarai27
ryugarai27

Postby ryugarai27 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:22 am

Hi James,

I tried issuing SysRefresh() after successful log-in...still the same. I have also tried issuing SysRefresh() before and after log-in, but still same result.

Thanks,
ryugarai27
ryugarai27

Postby James Bott » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:36 am

ryugarai27,

Perhaps if you try moving the sysrefresh() further into the code, maybe as oDlg:bInit. Also, try issuing an oDlg:refresh() right after the sysrefresh(), or maybe right before.

Are you defining all the controls with the UPDATE clause?

James
James Bott

Postby ryugarai27 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:21 am

James,

Thanks..I will try as you suggested.

ryugarai27
ryugarai27

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour