Report Drill Down

Report Drill Down

Postby cdmmaui » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:43 pm

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone created a report that allows a user to drill down on a specific report value? For example, if the user the clicks on a report value of $1,000.00 the report would display the actual items that make sure the $1,000.00. I have seen these feature in other applications and would like to incorporate this feature to a FWH application.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Darrell Ortiz
CDM Software Solutions, Inc.
https://www.cdmsoft.com
cdmmaui

Location: Houston ∙ Chicago ∙ Los Angeles ∙ Miami ∙ London ∙ Hong Kong

Re: Report Drill Down

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:38 am

Darrell,

Could you post a screenshot of such feature ? thanks
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby cnavarro » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:02 pm

What he means is:
The items and contents of the report are type of link?
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:12 pm

you must use groups command on column you want make the Drill and insert a link with ssay class

or use the printer class and make to hand it perhaps with urllink class

Antonio,
just my cent
perhaps it can run on rptcolumn function to insert the option urllink and call this class but I not tried it
I think we must modify METHOD Say( nCol, xText, nFont, nPad, nRow ) of Treport a and insert a call to urllink class
or Say( nRow, nCol, cText, oFont, nWidth, nClrText, nBkMode, nPad ) CLASS TPrinter because say of report depend from say of printer class
Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby MGA » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:32 pm

the fastreport do it!!!
ubiratanmga@gmail.com

FWH18.02
FWPPC
Harbour/xHarbour
xMate
Pelles´C
TDolphin
MGA

Postby cdmmaui » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:01 pm

Thank you for your feedback.

Where can I find fast report?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Darrell Ortiz
cdmmaui

Postby reinaldocrespo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:55 pm

Hello Darrell;

To expand on a previous comment; among many other features, with Fastreports you can make DrillDown reports n-level deep. Now deceased, Sergi Spirin, had the rights to distribute and maintained a fastreports class for harbour [very-very-very good and advanced tool].

FastReports works with just about every modern computer language and is quite popular among Delphi programmers. Nothing else in the xbase world comes close.

Unfortunately, since Sergi's passing, only the people at xalier is working with a harbour implementation of FastReports. They call it FRX and claim that it works with FWH. I say "unfortunately" because I was hoping someone in the FWH community would take on the project but that hasn't happened. Too bad, since this is --hands down--, the very best reporting class available to us. https://www.fast-report.com/en/

I think those of us in the FWH world using FastReports are still using Sergi's code. I'm still producing reports that would be impossible otherwise but always worried that my fastreports will stop working for me and have to return to less advanced tools.

Best regards,

Reinaldo.
reinaldocrespo

Postby cdmmaui » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:54 pm

Dear Reinaldo,

Happy New Year!

I did contact them and they were not very helpful. They basically said product was dead.

I am going to create an HTML / CSS report that will allow user to click a report row then will drill down to the details.

I wish I could have purchased the report class from someone.

Thanks for your help!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Darrell Ortiz
cdmmaui

Postby reinaldocrespo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:06 pm

Thank you Darrell;

Write me an email reinaldo dot crespo at gmail and I will send you that link where you can purchase fastreports for harbour.

Reinaldo.
reinaldocrespo

Postby cdmmaui » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:58 am

Thanks Reinaldo! I sent you an email.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Darrell Ortiz
cdmmaui

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:37 am

WHY not we all try to create it with Treport class ?
Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby Antonio Linares » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:33 am

Reinaldo, Silvio,

DrillDown reports n-level deep

Could you provide some screenshots to review it ? thanks
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby reinaldocrespo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:59 pm

Hello Antonio;

On a Drill down report you can double click on a group header and the detail for that group will open or close. Think of it as dynamic opening or closing a group detail. It works that way also with a saved report. You can deliver a saved Fp3 report to a user as a summary report. The user can then double click on a group header to see the detail for that group.

FastReports has many other features that makes for dynamic reports. For example you can click on a signature line to have the user's [saved] signature appear above the signature line. I have pathology reports that are signed by the pathologist by clicking on the signature line.

I may be preaching in the wilderness here or I may be missing something. I mean -if other xbase companies have acquired fastreports representation and have rolled out what they claim to be an (x)harbour implementation of fastreports that works even for fw users, then fw should have invested their time and effort on fastreports instead of easyreports which doesn't even come close. More on fastreports: https://www.fast-report.com/en/

Best regards,

Reinaldo.
reinaldocrespo

Postby James Bott » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:45 pm

I am not clear on this, but from the FastReport website it appears that you have to pay for a license for each company that is going to use FastReports. And these licenses are very expensive running from US$4000 to US$9000. This is probably too expensive for most of our customers.
James Bott

Postby reinaldocrespo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:05 pm

James;

Not so. -and don't bother trying to purchase fastreports from the website unless you are planing on using some .net language or Delphi.

I assure you all fw fastreports users didn't pay $4k. I didn't. ...and for everyone's information - there is another commercial xbase company -whose name I will not quote here- selling fastreports for (x)harbour including to fwh users. I think it costs around $300.

Hope that helps,

Reinaldo.
reinaldocrespo

Next

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour