OT - Windows embedded standard 7

OT - Windows embedded standard 7

Postby Marc Vanzegbroeck » Thu May 30, 2013 7:50 pm

Hello,

Does anyone run a FWH-application on a Thinclient-PC with Windows embedded standard 7?
What is the difference vs a normal Win7 PC.

I want to buy it for a client that run a application of me in a store. I want to use it as cash register.
Now the use a 'normal PC', but the only think the use it for is for my application that is installed on a server.
I never use something like that. Can I use it as a 'normal' PC that use a MySQL on a server?

Thanks
Regards,
Marc

FWH32+xHarbour | FWH64+Harbour | BCC | DBF | ADO+MySQL | ADO+MariaDB | ADO+SQLite
Marc Vanzegbroeck

Re: OT - Windows embedded standard 7

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu May 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Marc,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Embedded

Windows Embedded Standard [edit]
See also: Windows XP Embedded and Windows NT 4.0 Embedded
Windows Embedded Standard (2009) is the updated version of Windows XP Embedded, the fully componentized version of Windows XP Professional and the successor to Windows NT 4.0 Embedded. It provides the full Win32 API and is available for x86 processors.[2] Windows Embedded Standard 2009 includes Silverlight, .NET Framework 3.5, Internet Explorer 7, Windows Media Player 11, RDP 6.1, Network Access Protection, Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and support for being managed by Windows Server Update Services and System Center Configuration Manager.[3]
Windows Embedded Standard 7, is based on Windows 7 which was previously codenamed Windows Embedded 'Quebec'.[4] Windows Embedded Standard 7 includes Windows Vista and Windows 7 features [5] such as Aero, SuperFetch, ReadyBoost, BitLocker Drive Encryption, Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, Address space layout randomization, Windows Presentation Foundation, Silverlight 2, Windows Media Center among several other packages. It is available in IA-32 and x64 versions and was released in 2010. It has a larger minimum footprint (~300 MB) compared to 40 MB of XPe and also requires product activation.[5] Windows Embedded Standard 7 was released on April 27, 2010.[6]
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour