Need IP adres from every user in my program

Need IP adres from every user in my program

Postby Marc Venken » Sun May 14, 2017 9:20 am

Hello,

I have a member program for online editing data with FWH and Maria.

Now, only when I put the online-IP adress from each trainer in my whitelist from the provider, they have access to the database
else, no access.

I have also a php based web application and there people can access data without having there IP adres ?

The sample from Mr. Rao in FWmaria (connects to his online test server, and they don't have the IP from every one)

What do I have to do in my program?

What is the difference ?
Marc Venken
Using: FWH 23.04 with Harbour
Marc Venken

Re: Need IP adres from every user in my program

Postby Rick Lipkin » Sun May 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Marc

Not to be ugly .. but does your bank require your IP address be on file and your computer to have a DHCP issued IP address within that base range for you to be able to access your Account ?

I have also a php based web application and there people can access data without having there IP addresd ?

Just my 2 cents here .. An external UserId and Password would be a better solution where ever you cannot enforce SSO with WNetGetUser(). If you really want to be creative .. you can implement a dual authentication process .. where upon a successful login .. you send the user via text a code to confirm their access.

Rick Lipkin
Rick Lipkin

Re: Need IP adres from every user in my program

Postby Marc Venken » Mon May 15, 2017 8:20 pm

Rick, It's not my choice of doing it that way. I never needed to give my IP to someone's program....and I don't even want that my trainers need to do it.

They should be able to log into the database with a single user and PW.

Even when I erase my one IP from the list, I get a access error, like the trainers get.

My hosting provider told me that I have to put the IP's into the whitelist, but I believe that they have it wrong. (I will ask again)
Marc Venken
Using: FWH 23.04 with Harbour
Marc Venken

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour