Error message in ? lang

Error message in ? lang

Postby kronos911 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:06 pm

While testing (playing around) with FW I got this and this error dialogs. My question is what can I change to make the text be readable to my users (and me). I can understand the buttons they're in greek but the text, my guess, might be greek in a diffrent code page.
I have made my owe error handeler to show a friendlier message and log the technical stuff to a file. But these dialogs well :?: [/img]
kronos911

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:48 pm

Could you provide a small and self contained sample to reproduce the errors so we can tell you what they say and where they come from ? Thanks.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby kronos911 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:58 pm

The sample that I was playing with is the fivegen program from /samples/fivegen dir. I only replased the dbfcdx driver with the six3 driver that I have. You can find the exe hete. So far in my other apps the only strange looking error dialogs where when a dll was missing or when tha system is haveing a bad day. Can these kind of errors be translated into a readible state?
Thanks
kronos911

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:04 pm

Ok, we have tested it here and they are GPFs msgs from Windows. Here they are shown in spanish:

If you build the MAP file of the EXE (using MAP A,S at the Blinker LNK file), then you may search such address into it to know where the app is GPFing.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby kronos911 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:12 pm

Thanks for the repley. I'll look into that address to see what is going on ther. Can these GPF messages be made readable. For example putting an OemToAnsi cal around the message text so that it will be displayed correctly.
Thanks again
kronos911

Return to FiveWin for CA-Clipper